If you have questions or comments regarding solid waste management and recycling in the Town of Raymond, or if you would like to join the Recycling Committee, please call the Town Office at (207) 655-4742 or fill out the Volunteer Application.
Information from 2/16/2010 Selectmen's Meeting on Changes to Trash Pick-up, including road standards and considerations here.
STYROFOAM AND PLASTIC WRAP CAN’T BE RECYCLED (April, 2012)
Pine Tree Waste has asked the Town Office to remind residents that Styrofoam of any kind and Seran type plastic wrap cannot be recycled. Please treat large pieces of Styrofoam as bulky waste and take them to a recycling/transfer station. Small pieces [Styrofoam peanuts] in small amounts and plastic wrap can be put in your trash.
Household trash is picked up at curbside each week. Residents are allowed up to two 32-gallon containers per week, with not more than 50 pounds per barrel. Households with excess trash can purchase trash bag stickers at the Town Office for $1 each.
Recyclable materials are picked up at curbside, too. If you have Tuesday trash pickup, you will have Tuesday recycling pickup.
Easily recognized containers should be used. A typical poly recycling bin or even a laundry basket is best. Please keep materials as clean and dry as possible.
Pine Tree Waste Pickup Policy
- Pine Tree Waste trucks will run every storm unless the police declare a state of emergency.
- All private roads that are not plowed and/or sanded will not be serviced
- Any private roads that fail to maintain a safe turn around will not get serviced
- Any roads that are not passable will not be picked up that week
- All barrels should have the resident's address printed on it.
Bulky Waste Disposal Alternatives
As of July 1, 2009 Raymond will dispense with the bulky waste coupon system at Lake Region Bulky Waste Facility. The following information will give you suggestions as to where you can dispose of your bulky waste. Please note that these facilities do charge a fee for disposal. You may wish to call in advance to obtain the current rate information. Pricing stated below is as of April 1, 2009.
Lake Region Bulky Waste Facility located on 425 Leach Hill Road in Casco. (207) 627-7585
- Take Roosevelt Trail to Casco, turn right onto Route 11 and left onto Leach Hill Rd. Open 7:00 am - 4:45 pm Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.
- They do not take household trash, recycling, hazardous waste, sand, or cement blocks. $.075/lb for anything.
MMWAC [Mid Maine Waste Action Corporation] located at One Goldwaite Road in Auburn (207) 783-8805
- Right off Poland Road, which is a right off Hotel Road beyond the Auburn airport. Open Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, and Saturday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- They do not take hazardous waste.
- Loads are weighed in 20 lb increments and charged $.05/lb.
Plan-It Recycling and Transfer Inc. located at 18 Gorham Industrial Parkway on Rt. 25 in Gorham (207) 854-5353
- Turn right after Lake Region Furniture. Open 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- They do not take food, liquids, chemicals or hazardous waste.
- $10.00 minimum with average pickup truck load $35.00.
Riverside Recycling Center located on Riverside Street in Portland (207) 797-6200
- Turn left at the intersection of Riverside Street and Route 302. Open 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday
- They do not take hazardous waste, household waste, or medical waste.
- Different materials are at different rates per cubic yard, i.e. clean & demo wood $24/cy, yard waste $16/cy, inert materials [stone, gravel], metals $15/cy and drywall $22/cy. Commercial accounts are available which would be charged by load weight per pound. The Raymond Town Office can provide applications.