By law, Maine birth records less than 75 years old, marriage records less than 50 years old, death records less than 25 years old and fetal deaths less than 50 years old are considered to be private. In order to inspect these documents, or to obtain copies, an individual must prove that they are permitted by law to do so.
If you are looking for a birth record that is more than 75 years old, please email the person's name, date of birth (or approximate year of birth) to email@example.com.
Birth certificates may be obtained from:
- The city or town in which the child was born.
- The city or town in which the mother was living at the time of birth, or
- The State Department of Vital Statistics in Augusta.
To request a copy(s) of a Birth Certificate, fill out a Request Form. If the requested record is not yours and your name does not appear on the record, then you will need to prove lineage. For example, if you need your mother's birth certificate you would need to show a copy of your birth certificate.
The following information is needed:
- Name on the birth record.
- Date of birth.
- Name of city/town the birth occurred in.
- The names of the parents - please use the mother's maiden name.
- State your relationship to the name on the birth record being requested.
- Number of copies requested.
- Please include a daytime telephone number.
- Please make the check payable to: "Town of Raymond".
- Who has access?
- Photocopy of a valid picture ID (Picture I.D. requirement(s))
The fee for one certified copy is $15.00. The fee for additional certified copies of the same record is $6.00 each. Send self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
Please mail your request to:
Raymond Town Clerk
401 Webbs Mills Rd
Raymond ME 04071
Questions? Contact Sue Look, Town Clerk, at 207-655-4742 x121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.