The Raymond Code Enforcement Office is responsible for administering and enforcing the Town’s Land Use Ordinance, Shoreland Zoning Provisions, Flood Plan Management Ordinance, as well as Federal and State regulations governing construction projects, land use, and environmental regulations. We Ensure compliance with these rules and regulations by reviewing plans prior to permitting and construction. The department conducts inspections and Issues permits associated with construction projects (i.e. building, electrical, plumbing, and septic) and shoreland zone projects.
► Electrical and plumbing permits can be issued immediately. No appointment is necessary.
► You do not need an appointment to come into the office/view a file.
► The Town of Raymond does require residential electrical permits.
► You can now schedule an inspection, meeting, or return a phone call with the Code Officer online by clicking here.
Submit a building permit
Submit a shoreland
Submit a complaint online
Kirsten Sudbury, Administrative Assistant
Phone: (207) 655-4742 ext. 161
Hours: No appointment required
Code Enforcement Links:
- Submit a permit application online
- Book an Appointment or Inspection Online
- 2004 Comprehensive Plan
- Submit a complaint online
- Application Forms
- Arborists/Tree Removal Firms
- Deck Construction Guide
- Design Guidelines Commercial
- Flood Maps
- Geographical Information and Maps
- Marijuana Uses, Information Regarding
- Septic System Home Owner's Guide - Designers, Inspectors, Installers, etc.
- Summer's Most Requested Information - Docks, moorings, pools, personal camp sites
- Radon Mitigation
- Uranium Mitigation
- Zoning Quick Reference
- State Electrical Permits